Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Lead the effort to set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware; Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Mixed 12 hr shifts, in a 10 WEEK ROTATIONAL SCHEDULE; 24×7 watch
- Linux Admin with strong experience scripting (at least with bsh)
- Experience working with Puppet, LDAP, Vmware, and/or other virtual machine environments (like Redhat KVM), as well as IBM BladeCenters.
- Need to have at least a functional working knowledge of Cisco networks as successful candidate will have to correct network issues on the fly when the Network Engineer is not available.
- Need to have solid hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Candidate must be willing and able to:
– be on-call 24×7
– mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
– interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
– work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored) edge
- BA/BS degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Mathematics. Degree Substitute: +8 years directly related experience; AND/OR approved certifications can each be substituted (if active/current), for 1 year of experience each, up to 3 certifications.
- 10 years experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and trouble shooting of LAN at Tier II level in UNIX/Linux environment, computer hardware and software;
- Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software;
- Experience providing assistance to users;
- Experience optimizing system operations;
- Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency.
|Job Category||IT Administration, Systems Administrator|
|Clearance Level Required||TS/SCI with Polygraph|
|Years of Experience Requried||10|