The Systems Engineer will:
- Manage, modify, and configure scripts that gather metrics from front-end processors for ingest into a Postgres database and ElasticSearch
- Manage and configure Elastic Search clusters
- Manage and configure Kibana dashboards
- Support Postgres database management and administration
- Interact with customers on change requests to dashboards or additional metric feeds
- Communicate with customers to gather and understand requirements and pass requirement to the product team
- Enter and track requirements in Jira
- Work with existing team to migrate ElasticSearch data into ElasticSearch
- Create, revise and maintain system documentation
- Use and maintain software repositories (i.e. GitLab)
- BA/BS Degree in a technical discipline related to the experience requirements.
- Minimum twelve (12) years experience in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Five (5) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- At least three (3) years direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Experience in the following: Solaris and Linux; Solaris, Linux, and Windows utilities and techniques to diagnose and correct performance bottlenecks
- Significant experience in the following: Designing complex collection systems; Integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, Windows 2000); Performing tradeoff studies; and/or System performance analysis.
- Experience providing leadership for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems.
In addition to the Basic Qualifications, the Systems Engineer must have experience in the following:
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the entire Elastic Stack with experience managing and configuring Elastic Search clusters
- Experience creating, configuring, and managing Kibana dashboards
- Linux System Administration experience
- Experience with Linux scripting languages
- Solid knowledge and understanding of networking concepts
- Experience supporting Postgres database management and administration
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with Operations customers to understand requirements and pass requirements to the product lead
- Experience using Jira, entering and tracking requirements
- Experience creating, revising, and maintaining system documentation
- Experience using and maintaining software in repositories (i.e., GitLab)
- Experience with near-real-time processing, collection systems, network protocols and standards, GUI development, or mission management systems.
|Job Category||Engineering, Systems Engineer|
|Clearance Level Required||TS/SCI with Polygraph|
|Years of Experience Requried||12|